View Single Post
Originally Posted by independent View Post
Anyway, is there a way short of using FCAM and processing the images by hand of removing noise reduction altogether? I tried using the built-in JPEG codec (the jpegcodec instead of the dspjpegcodec) and it seems to make the noise reduction worse.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but AIUI, noise reduction is applied at RAW -> JPEG developing oh photos, so if you use fCam's RAW (or camera-ui2 RAW's), you got photos without it. Then, using UfRAW (or any other RAW developing software you feel fancy), you may just *no* apply noise reduction.

Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Tell me how the RAW capturing on N900 is any good for the average user? The need to fix the light center? The need of post-processing to achieve the needed result?

Dont answer those questions cuz there are no reasonable answers to them and please stop talking 'against' me, ty
Stop asking question, if you're dead to answers, at the very point of asking. If it's meant only to boost your ego, you could save it for yourself.

Anyway, your logic is "astonishing" - average user doesn't need RAWs, but he need 3-5 MB JPEG files (change from 95% quality to 100% quality for JPEG), without *any* benefits perceivable by naked eye? Really?

I imagine *most* N900 users as something more than ego-monkeys, who doesn't know how to use RAW to get photos developed the way they like it - yet, like to have 10x bigger JPEGs just for sake of using more space and feeling "I'm more cool, I got display called retina same quality photos that *must* be better, because they're bigger-sized jpeg's".

If you would do at least basic research (aka "read manual" ) before posting your "awesome" advices, you would realize, that setting JPEG quality to 100% is as brainless as it gets - it turns out all JPEG optimizations, at the expense of file size, without *any* real-world gains.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: