View Single Post
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I guess I use 4.

AKG K450

Size doesn't matter! Trust me, when testing many headphones on a local shop, these were the ones that most surprised me.

So small yet so powerful, they are driven very easily with my N900 and I can put it to really loud volumes (though that's not healthy!).

They're a bit on the bass-medium range, so trebles aren't as crisp as they should be, therefore giving a "congested" sound feeling. Honestly, I'm ok with it. This is no audiophile studio headphone!

The bass they pack is, in my opinion, much much better than the beats pro (using it as example since I actually tried those), because they're punchy and not loose and "fat", which is what I felt when listening to these beats. Also, they're nowhere as muddy as the beats either.

The problem is that you have to place them correctly since it's on ear and they're small, else you'll miss big part of the sound spectrum (most notably the bass).

It also isn't very comfortable for long sessions (though they're fine for an hour or so).

Here's how silly they look on people: http://a2.img.mobypicture.com/0eaa5c...10e42_view.jpg (not me, google result)

On cities and other loud places the whole "congested" feeling quickly disappears as the bass doesn't feel a little bit overpowering anymore and the mids tone down a little too.

They don't leak much sound either, for the type of headphone that it is.

And there you go, my personal opinion.

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Last edited by RiD; 2013-07-22 at 00:04.