Thread: Ubuntu Edge
View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Can't believe everyone is falling for this, it's almost like Dave999 has been put in charge of PR at Canonical and been given free rein to troll you all. Either that or Shuttleworth has lost it.

The only reason that Jolla and Sailfish was even possible was because they already had the vast majority of a mobile OS already built and that were able to absorb all the existing talent around the OS from Nokia. Canonical on the other hand lack the core OS and they lack people who are experienced in writing software and develop mobile devices. As for the hardware specs, they're completely laughable. Do they seriously think they will be able to approach Samsung and buy 4 gigs of RAM and tiny 128GB SSD's for anything less than a couple of hundred dollars each? Then there's the release date of May 2014. Canonical are bonkers if they think they can create a brand new mobile OS, make it dual boot with Android, have it running on sexy, cutting edge hardware in 10 month even assuming they raise the $30 million.

Do not put any money into this, you will be burned.
You are right, I'm in charge!

Burned how?

You are always burned when buying new devices. Tizen, jolla, Ubuntu... That's the thing being early adopters. This is a one of a kind device, same as jolla but with much cooler design and better hw, end a more advanced mobile computer where the idea is to partly replace your desktop. It might be a dream, but I support the try. Why shouldn't people support it? I support most new tech, and this is really cool. Just look how many people donating to make this device happen, even if it's still very doubtfully that the coolest batmobile device ever is built.

Just look how many people who want to see this happen. It's a cool dream... With a true mobile computer.

Join the movement, it's even more unlike.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-24 at 05:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: