Thread: Ubuntu Edge
View Single Post
I ordered the Ubuntu Edge because it stands for the proposition of promising the very best device that technology can produce at a price I can afford. Not "just enough." Not weakened. Not under achieving potential.

I love my N9 and N900, and I feel like Nokia innovated well with both, especially the swipe-driven N9. Two of my central problems with Nokia are: (1) they under spec'd their flagships and (2) they poorly supported their devices.

As for (1), the Ubuntu Edge is a spec giant. As for (2), Canonical promises a support program that, if delivered upon, would be totally awesome. Software upgrades every month are a great idea and more of what the modders and ROM flashers are accustomed to, but Canonical's twist of making it officially supported while not limiting development communities or other efforts is a nice touch.

The intense competition in Android has helped a lot with (1) and (2). No such thing as an underspec'd flagship, just witness the HTC One, XperiaZ, GS4, etc. Fabulous devices. And, as for (2), it would be suicide for a company not to support its flagship devices, though some tempt fate.