View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Can you very briefly tell what is pvrtrace and where it can be grabbed? Is it used same way as 'trace' i.e. I need arm binary for Maemo5 and put it to the device?
PVRTrace and PVRTool are part of Imagination's PowerVR SDK:

http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/pvrtrace.asp
http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/inside...vr-pvrtune.asp

Latest versions work pretty much OK with N900, though you'll need recent OpenGL support on your desktop for PVRTrace frame analysis to work(I was unable to do it on my WindowsXP machine).

I use the following pvrtrace.cfg:

Code:
[host]
EglLibraryPath = /usr/lib/libEGL.so
Es1LibraryPath = /usr/lib/libGLES_CM.so
Es2LibraryPath = /usr/lib/libGLESv2.so
[record]
TraceFile = /home/user/MyDocs/tmp/trace-%pid.pvrt
RecordData = 1
StartFrame = 1
EndFrame = 10
;Network = 1
;NetworkSendData = 1
Change EndFrame according to your needs. Also make sure /home/user/MyDocs/tmp dir exists

To capture a trace for a particualr program, copy the libs into the dir the traced binary is, create pvrtrace.cfg in the same dir with the above content and use:
Code:
LD_PRELOAD="./libEGL.so ./libGLESv2.so ./libGLES_CM.so ./libPVRTrace.so" ./$BINARY
On windows the trace libs for N900 are in Imagination\PowerVR\GraphicsSDK\PVRTrace\Recorder\ Linux_armv7, too lazy to power the laptop up to check where are they located no Linux, but I am sure you'll figure it out if needed.

For PVRTune you need to copy PVRPerfServerDeveloper on the device and run it. I found the default data capture period of 5ms(iirc) too low for my needs, so I used 30ms, but I guess it depends on the tuned program(I used it against gecko )

All tools that come with the SDK have good documentation, however, if you need any further instructions I'll gladly try to help, just ask.

EDIT:
The above LD_PRELOAD is for GLES2.0, for a different version maybe more or different trace libs need to be loaded.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2013-08-03 at 23:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: