View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I got mine by accident. It was June 2012 and I had been happily using my Palm Treo 600 for 8 years and 3 months. It had it all: ergonomic design, fast UI, querty keyboard that could be operated with one hand, integrated address book, installable applications, 10 days battery life... The camera was rubbish and there was no Bluetooth but who cares about those anyway? The only two things I started missing were WiFi and GPS. Not that I really needed it, it was just a whim. So I started looking around for an upgrade but did not want to pay a full price for a new one. eBay, here I come! I tried Samsung S5600 (I think). I liked the display but hated the OS (Bada) and ended up selling it after a week. My next one was Sony Xperia Mini. I loved it, once upgraded to latest CyanoMode. It was cute, small but mighty and did everything I need it to do. But there was something missing. Android just did not feel quite right. So I decided to donate it to my niece and look for another one. Back to eBay, search for phones with WiFi, GPS and HW keyboard. Surprisingly, not too many on offer. I spotted one I had never heard about before that had 2 minutes to go to the end of the auction. In the spur of the moment, I bid £1 more and ended up winning it. I was a bit disappointed at first because the price was a bit higher than what I set aside as my budget but now, a year later, I have three and would take a lot of convincing to switch to another model.