Thread: Ubuntu Edge
View Single Post
Same ol' same ol' to me means something niche.

It means taking people's "unworking" computers and integrating their parts into a computers with lots of hard drives, ram, cables, ports, fans, etc etc.

Having Windows XP crash on it after an illegal copy installation. Then using a 'Nix distro that's still experimental.

Spending days, and weeks to make it work to the best I can. And when I'm satisfied?

It means stop playing with it, and find something else to focus on.
Perhaps comics/anime. Or an interesting TV Show that I'll be wildly addicted to.

Then restarting my "niche love" again by finding something that's interesting and new and getting that.

Whether it be one of those cutting-edge infamous WiMo PDA-Phones. Or OQO MIDs. Or Zaurus Mindfvcks. Or Open Pandoras. Or N900's.

That is "same old" to me.
Now I'm a changed person. Have to pay for myself, working hard. No time to tinker about.
And when I do tinker, its to get my Android phone to behave better, faster, stronger.
That way I can do "Apps" and other sh|t in those 15 minute breaks I find myself accumulating.

Now that you know "guys like me" better, you probably want to change that sentence to make it more accurate, huh?

(my job requires mental capacity, something I can't devote to coding anymore which I never learned professionally only online)

I'm flattered