View Single Post
OK, I almost lost hope for it ever happening (thanks, sakya! Playing it on N900 is real fun), but reporting first batch of bugs for Book 6 :

1. At start of the book, we have to choose 3 advanced disciplines. Hoever, when we click on them to read full description, we can't close it - there is no way to go back to selection screen, or even close application. The only way is to kill it from Maemo (after next start, we're presented with disciplines choice, again, and can proceed normally).

I'm surprised no one reported it yet - I'm the only one reading manuals?

2. Either there is something wrong with special items conversion from book 1-5 characters, or weapon mastery doesn't work as it should. also, there seem to be some problem with old skills from books 1-5. The thing is quite complicated, so bear with me:

My character (made on start of book 1, went through 1-5) have skill in weapons (sword). For books 1-5, it mean, that while wielding Sword of the Sun, he get +10 combat (+8 from Sommer', +2 due to proficiency in swords). Now, Sommer' is technically a broadsword, but any sword profficiency (sword, shortsword, broadsword) apply to it - it's OK, it works the same for paper books. So, in my case, description for it stated, that equipping give +10 bonus to combat (as sum of natural bonus + weapon skill bonus).

Now, during book 6, *none* of weapon mastery sword bonuses apply to sommer' - I have tried swords, broadsword, short sword, and even daggers . Neither give +3 combat bonus. Hoever, Sommer' is still described as giving +10 Combat Bonus, and indeed, equipping it gives +10 to my combat skill. no matter, if I choose weapon mastery, or not.

Now, it either mean that either:

1. It "absorbed" my weapon proficiency from books 1-5 into item itself - then, conversion is wrong, as it should be +8 combat bonus.

2. It is +10 correctly, due to my weapon skill in swords from books 1-5, that still apply (silently) in book 6 - then, NEW skill weapon mastery doesn't work as it should, as choosing it, doesn't affect sommer.

BUT, it is unlikely, as while using regular sword, I *don't* get +2 bonus due to "old" proficiency in swords from books 1-5

OTOH, even without choosing any Psi, I *do* get +2 combat bonus from my "old" mindblast skill from books 1-5. Is is represented in my character's card, no matter what weapon I use (or no weapon at all).

Additional info: For other (than Sommer) weapons, *new* weapon mastery works OK - it applies +3 to swords, daggers, etc. As said earlier, my "old" weapon proficiency doesn't apply to swords anymore, *except* for sommer, which seems to saved this +2 into itself.
---

Now, not bug, but mere question:

What the hell is mechanism for old vs new Kai disciplines? It confused the hell out of me, as I can't seem to get, if my old skills still apply and new ones are "upgraded versions", or all old skills vanished, and only new ones count.

There is no indication of old kai disciplines anywhere in character's card, and their doesn't seem to work, except for mentioned mindblast. Now, I'm not sure if the fact that most of them are not working is bug, or the other way around, none should work and working ones are character's conversion bug.

Thanks in advance,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: