View Single Post
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Qooxdoo.
Code:
var manager = new qx.ui.mobile.page.Manager();
var page = new qx.ui.mobile.page.NavigationPage();
page.setTitle("Hello World");
page.addListener("initialize", function() {
  var button = new qx.ui.mobile.form.Button();
  page.getContent().add(button);
  button.addListener("tap", function() {
    alert("Hello World");
  }, this);
},this);
manager.addDetail(page);
page.show();
This crap makes me cry. While QML is based on javascript, it is lightyears ahead on this webstuff when doing GUI-stuff. And then some.

FFOS will bring that time closer.
Because Firefox is such a lean and mean platform?.. I guess I've missed something.

Kudos though on asm.js, according to (their own) benchmarks is is astonishingly fast. Still, it requires JIT compiling and lacks, for the moment, deep platform integration, whereas Qt always runs predictable, native and there's always the option of talking to the OS directly.

Sorry mike but that's complete and utter b0ll0ck5, web apps are cached and run perfectly fine offline.
That certainly is true.

EDIT

Here's a QML version:

Code:
import QtQuick 1.1
import com.nokia.meego 1.0
PageStackWindow {
    initialPage: Page {
        Button {
            onClicked: dialog.open()
        }
    }

QueryDialog {
        id: dialog
    }
}
That's it, including the boilerplate You can run this on an N9. It had autocompletion in the IDE, there's are no magic strings like "initialize" and "tap", no this-pointers, no "addListener". It's simply more modern and much better suited for the task.
Note however there's no "alert" function as in javascript, so the QueryDialog is there to mimic it. And of course that QueryDialog is much more versatile than js's alert.

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2013-08-22 at 19:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: