View Single Post
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
You're right. I disabled the bonus in the book (update book 6).
Or maybe "0 + 3" should be considered as "10 + 3" (in combat 0 == 10 but every value > 10 is considered 10).
Hm, I think that actually adding to combat skill (as for every other weapon in combat mode) is better idea. OTOH,:

if at any time you should pick a 0 from the Random Number Table when using the bow, the Jakan will break.
Frankly, I have no idea what to think about it anymore. What the hell is Jakan, by the way? Bowstring?

If yes, it complicate a hell lotta things. This way, 0, which is best in combat, becomes worst (?) while using bow. Still, +3 to random roll due to weaponmastery protect us from that, so, maybe, after all, version before latest update (bonus to roll, lack of bonus to combat skill) was right, after all?

If it's not bowstring, scrap above praragraph and teach poor Estel, as I can't find translation for Jakan anywhere.

The text does not say that you cannot use your mindblast/psi-surge discipline. I'm not sure it is actually correct to disable them.
The text also doesn't sayd that we can't use shields :P but we already decided it is good to disable them, for logic's sake. Mindblast/psi-surge hurts opponent directly, not target dummies we're aiming at with our arrows. Not pushing you to do anything, obviously, but I see it as same absurd, as with shield (we can't use them, cause he is not shotting at us, we can't use mindblast, as we're not shotting at him).
---

New bugs delivery:
Book 6
Page 98:
Minnor issue - we can't buy arrows if we have 5/6, as arrows are sold in packs of 2, for 1 crown a pack. I think in such special case, it would be ok to pay for 2 and just lose 1 (ending up with 6/6).

Page 156: After winning deadly battle with rusty door (lol! wanna see message that appears, if we die there), "go to next page" button is glitched, it shows some <string> message, probably related to endurance->resistance visual transformation.

Book 7 (finally!):
"Story so far" - aka opening page - is copy/paste from book 6, throwing us into unknown origin's situation at page 1.

Page 182: If we retrieve sword via rope and lasso option, we don't get it as item (can't say for nexus, as I didn't have it, but probably sword is missing likewise). It's quite critical, as we're weaponless at the moment, and it's required for both fights and plot elements, afterwards.

Page 100: Riddle is mising, so we can't solve it (BTW it is the moment when - after failing riddle - either we have sword from 182 and push lever using it, or we die, unconditionaly).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: