View Single Post
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Nokia jumping into smartphones might not happen soon, or not at all. I got a feeling Advanced Technologies will serve for some devices in the future, even as they might not be smartphones.
Certainly not soon, since the deal made spesificly prohibits Nokia from making any phones until 2016.

But overall I agree with you. This was the best realistic solution for Nokia in 2013.

I suppose that it's natural for me, as a finn, to think about how many times Nokia has reinvented itself during it's history. I guess this deal gives small hope of something rising from the ashes. The realist in me just thinks that too much was destroyed, too many gifted people lost, too many technolgies haxed and on the whole the spirit of Nokia crushed during the last few years. Wait and see, but not holding my breath.

Nokia is now basicly an Ericcson. How Sweden and Finland went from dominating the whole mobile into being peripheral part of it so quickly... well another thing for business schools to think about.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-09-03 at 11:25.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post: