View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by 48GX View Post
wouldn't it be better to create another post and each user just writes 1 post with the hardware aspects they would like or consider.
I think the hardware specs are pretty much settled and invariant (GTA04 used as a base for this project already exists and is designed), there's enough work with changing its form factor to fit in N900 and adding the changes which are missing compared to stock N900. Even if everyone would write what hw aspect they consider or want, I think it would not be taken into consideration and would be a waste of time, as the hardware is pretty much designed, it just needs to be slighly adjusted (which is pretty big task whatsoever)... I think both joerg_rw and dos1 (judging by their past actions) want to keep it as open and moddable (later, by different projects) as possible and we can trust them they'll do all they can - keeping reasonable costs, vendor-locklessnes (is there a word like that? ) and driver openess - to make it as moddable later, as possible.

EDIT: Looks like I might be wrong, joerg_rw later in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=302 stated that all suggestions are welcome and all will be considered Great!

Last edited by misiak; 2013-09-03 at 15:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: