View Single Post
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Look at the chart again. Stock was sliding down for years prior to Elop. Sorry to burst your bubble but your pre-Elop Nokia was full of crazy Tomi nuts and already sliding into obscurity. Elop executed what the intelligent board saw: a dysfunctional company unable to compete in the mobile space. I think that MS overpaid them. They are not worth much.
The graph clearly indicates there are problems but it does not identify what the problems are. Failing to correctly understand what is wrong could result in disaster. For example, you might panic and appoint an inept CEO who implements a hopelessly flawed strategy that inevitably leads to your demise.

Anybody who had a smidgen of business sense knew Elop's strategy would fail, I would have rated its chance of success at <1%.

I have to confess though I'm surprised at how things have ended. I'm genuinely aghast Microsoft have parted with good money for the wreckage Elop has created and they haven't even got control of NOKIA's patents. It is the opposite of what I expected, I thought Elop would walk away from the wreckage having control of the patents. I've been giving him too much credit, maybe he really is just as thick as pig shite.

One of the other posters has suggested maybe NOKIA were just about to run out of money and the lack of support from any other manufacturer for Windows Phone meant Microsoft's hand was forced. If NOKIA died now so did Windows Phone. I guess that must be it. Maybe at that moment some bright spark in NOKIA took the opportunity to kick Elop in the balls - Microsoft have even bought the feature phone division which Elop has doomed to failure.

Right at the death it seems NOKIA have managed to snatch something from the fire. They live to fight another day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post: