Thread: Battery issues
View Single Post
I just bought a new Nokia N9, after two more thn two years of the N900, and I'm concerned about the battery. I've had the phone for over a week, and the battery never seems to last more than 24 hours, of doing nothing.

I haven't done anything to the phone yet, installed Wazapp and a couple of games, and nothing more.

A "top" in the terminal doesn't reveal anything consuming and excessive amount of CPU, nothing goes over 1% of cpu usage.

I have it on minimum brightness. Network mode on GSM only (I have perfect signal in here).

I have it constantly connected to WIFI and Wazapp is in background (which by the way is the last coderus version nightly34).

The firmware is: PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_006). And I think that's all... Is WiFi connection really that consuming. When it goes on power saving mode it lasts more, but in the way I have the phone, I don't know what else that does apart from disconnecting WiFi.

Is there anything I can do to keep it going as much as possible?

UPDATE: This update is after post #9

I disabled smartsearch through
Code:
chmod -x /usr/bin/smartsearch
and rebooting. I also disconnected WiFi and battery consuming went done a lot. It's taken like 2-3 hours to drop 3-4% (I didn't write it down but it's that more or less), which gives around 2.5-4 full days of battery. I thought I had closed Wazapp too but it was open, so I guess I can cross that out of the list. It was either the connection or smartsearch. I will try again after another charge cycle to go with WiFi connection and see what happens:

Question: Does it take more battery to keep the phone constantly connected to the internet through 3G or GPRS or WiFi. I heard that generally WiFi is better because as it's usually faster everything will be done faster and less battery will be consumed, but I hardly browse or download anything, I'm asking about the connection itself.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ferfer93; 2013-09-07 at 23:05.