View Single Post
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
@pali: thanks for Your answer, however I am wondering why HAM (or FAM or apt-get) got stuck in a unconfigured situation like the one described by sowwhatyoureap.

I mean: after his first tentative, he was not able to install the new kernel (KP52), and then, after Your suggestion, the installation process with HAM was not able to automatically complete the configuration of kernel-power-settings, because kernel-power-flasher was missing, and apt was not able to recognize that kernel-power-flasher had to be installed too.

In my case, a similar situation arose when I moved from multiboot and KP 51r2 to U-boot and KP 52: the fact that kernel-power-bootimg does not provide any more all the KP features leaded me in the same situation: I coudn't install kernel-power-settings. At present, I managed the situation as reported in

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...79#post1354279

and precisely I do not have kernel-power-flasher installed, and I continuously reboot changing from KP and stock kernel, without big problems (sometimes, when i boot with KP, I need to retry 2 or 3 times before the KP starts).

In any case, it seems that the dependency declared into the control files of the KP and kernel-power-settings packages are not sufficient to let apt-get or Ham to automatically complete the process.

What do You think about it? And if You agree, could we re-think the structure of the dependencies?

Thanks in advance.

pkz