View Single Post
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Is somebody still working on camera-ui?

Bug N1: Quality of photos made with camera-ui is worse (more pixelized) than taking a photo with the following simple command line:
Code:
gst-launch v4l2src num-buffers=1 ! dspjpegenc ! filesink location=test.jpg
Bug N2:
Code:
gst-launch v4l2src num-buffers=1 ! dspjpegenc encoding-quality=0-100! filesink location=test.jpg
tunes compression quality.

Setting
Code:
[imageenc]
element=dspjpegenc
encoding-quality=0-100
in gdigicam-camerabin.conf does NOT work(may be related to gdigicam packages)

Bug N3:
Setting
Code:
[filter-caps]
tab in gdigicam-camerabin.conf does NOT work(may be related to gdigicam packages) and I can't change the default pixel format (UYVY) to (better) YUY2

I can prove all these 3 bugs if needed.
@nicolai: see this post ^^^
after hours of reading the source codes and experimenting, what i found out:

Bug N1 was a user mistake, I was capturing at widescreen resolution (-.-)

Bug N2 is related to gdigicam package: the settings in gdigicam-camerabin.conf must be declarated in the source for them to work.

Let me explain in detail for those who dont know much about it:
We have (1)declarated properties in gdigicam package, (2)gstreamer element properties, (3) gdigicam-camerabin.conf properties settings

Examples:
Declarated properties in gdigicam are quality(for pictures) and bitrate(for videos)
Element properties - jpegenc properties (ALL available element properties can be obtained with
Code:
gst-inspect jpegenc
(you can see that there is a property named quality)
If we can match declarated properties and element properties then we can change their setting with the .conf file
We have such property (quality) so we can set it in the conf file.

About dspjpegenc:
Code:
gst-inspect dspjpegenc
We see that there is a property 'encoding-quality' which will alter jpeg compression level, but since there is no such property declared in gdigicam source code even if we set it using the .conf file it will NOT work.

Declared properties are very very few just 3-4 and every element has lots of properties. dspjpegenc's encoding-quality can be fixed 2 ways: declaring the property in gdigicam source, modifying the property name from 'encoding-quality' to 'quality'

Bug N3: thus every capture mode needs different "caps", "caps" are being set(by gdigicam package) before every capture of video or image, change of source code is needed to use the better setting.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post: