View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well now, I'm glad I happened to find time to swing by this forum again now, of all times. As always, I feel particularly bad whenever I am unable to focus on this forum/community.

Every once in a while I checked in a lurking fashion, some of the stuff going on here, this being one of those things. I really look forward to hearing how the consultations about the radios go. One thing I've been meaning to mention, somewhere in a thread I read you mention a few months back how you were thinking that it might end up being the case that you could not use the wifi at the same time as the 3G, and vice-versa. I just wanted to note that I really hope that can be avoided. After all, don't forget that using one's phone as a wifi hotspot and tethering over mobile internet IS a fairly common use case. Furthermore, you may want to occupy your wifi radio with wifi hacking activities, and still get internet access over 3G at the same time.

Of course, if that's how it has to be, that's how it has to be. But I really really hope the ability to use both at once is retained in the full body replacement.

Also, if you wanted to make wooden back covers and body replacements too, like you suggested earlier, I think that too would be worthwhile. Obviously it seems there's more demand for the aluminum than the wood (and personally I prefer the former), but I presume it wouldn't be too expensive to make wooden ones for those who wanted to buy those, and as you remarked in the past, it would look rather nice and I'm sure some people would prefer that aesthetic.

Anyway, I'm really glad to see this finally being so close to coming to tangible fruition. (And am glad to hear people injected more funds. If I could have I totally would have donated more as well.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: