View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
recoverlock is a small shell script to automate the recovery of the N900 lock code. For all those times when someone sells you a used N900 and forgets to reset the lock code to default, and the like.

Just install it, run the command 'recoverlock' in X-Terminal, wait until it finishes doing its thing, and you'll have your lock code. I recommend you uninstall it afterwords, so that you don't have the command sitting around on your N900 waiting for someone or something else to notice and misuse it.

Currently it and the package it depends on ("john" as in the John the Ripper password bruteforcer) are only in extras-devel, but hopefully we can get them promoted down to extras in the near future.

I made this tiny script almost a year ago, and posted it up on the giant lock code recovery thread. Then the user hxka made it a bit better. But I never got around to properly sticking it into the repositories, so the people who really needed it most weren't all that likely to notice it. Hopefully having it available in the repository will be more helpful and convenient.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: