View Single Post
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Hi there,

Just to add to this discussion from my experience. I am UK citizen, resident in Czech Republic, I am Board member in Czech Company and I am on a board of Directors for a German Company in Dusseldorf.

The board of directors position is more of corporate responsibility than of actual executive work. So generally the Board of directors is only advised of key facts and asked to approve significant decisions.

Generally this will not change the way the foundation runs or operates day to day. I would expect below BoD is an Executive team who are 'running' the foundation professionally.

As for the language issue. In my case all documents and processes are done in English with notarized translations of German documents where needed. My level of German is enough to order me a beer or insult someone, but that is it. Generally German laws are part of harmonized EU laws. So any European resident would be pretty comfortable on the BoD of a German entity.

So I am happy to support the move of the foundation to German. And willing to hold a position on the BoD if needed, subject to approval of the articles and some due diligence on my side.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post: