View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'd recommend following MNB much more regularly....
I've seen plenty of examples that demonstrate it's "bad", but waaaay more that demonstrate it's actually quite good overall.
And that's via a rabid Nokia community blog (actually quite neutral in some ways, & many great streams of input*).
iP5/5S are definitely one of the better smartphone cameras, just not in the same league as 808/1020...

*most importantly for this area of discussion, some profoundly knowledgeable folks when it comes to imaging
Question is if Jolla has a chance to compete in this area.

My guess is no, They probadly using some HW made for android with libhybris + camera androiddrivers. Means they will not have full access too even tweak the raw images is worst case :/

This is not too be rude at Jolla. But Jolla has around < 100 developers and we should ask ourself how many engineers is working on camera at samsung, iphone and Nokia? My guess is way more than Jolla has engineers woking with sailfishos.

Lets just hope they are allowed to buy some decent "camerapacket" from Nokia. (lets say Nokia N9 camera HW + drivers, alteast better than going some china android solution...)

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-09-22 at 12:11.