View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Ever since last summer I've not been a position to be donating, but when I next will be, people responsible will be getting money thrown at them.
I can't wait to become very rich!

Actually, I have the latest Marble and MoNav Daemon from devel installed at the same time right now and they seem to work perfectly together (installed fine, detected fine, downloaded a map of Florida through the config menu for it fine, routing seems to be working beautifully).
As I've learned, there is no need for you to activate the extras-devel repository. Before I can ask you to vote for the packages, it's my job to promote the package to extras-testing where the mentioned MoNav package isn't present. So just treat that as false alarm

As an aside, I would really love it if there was a way to select all (or to make the feature more useful for regular users, more generally allow multi-selection at each level of map categorization) of the MoNav routing maps for download at once. Then I could just select everything at once, launch the download, and go to sleep of something, have it ready in the morning, for instance.
Please add feature requests in our bug tracker. Thanks!

(Failing that, can someone tell me how to manually do whatever Marble/MoNav do to install the maps, so I can automate it in a shell script or something?)
All available MoNav routing maps for Marble are listed here: http://files.kde.org/marble/newstuff/maps-monav.xml Just pick the .tar.gz files you desire and extract them in ~/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps . Afterwards, they should be recognized by Marble, such that you should even see within the Marble GUI if updates are available.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post: