View Single Post
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
First of all: The widget issue is not related to the kernel-power!

How did you install kernel-power? Pure apt-get or HildonApplicationManager (HAM) or FasterApplicationManager (FAM)?
The widget in question seems to be the 'Ovi by Nokia'-widget. You could disable it by: Tapping on an empty space of the desktop, where the infamous widget resides, and dit the cross icon on the upper right corner of the widget. Or you could get rid forever by uninstalling it in FAP from the 'Advanced' category or in X-terminal
Code:
 sudo gainroot
apt-get purge ovi-promotion-widget
obviously 'rootsh' must be installed for the above commands to work.
@michaaa62 it's the hildon app manager, it's just an assumption cause when i tired to install power kernel nothing really changed it showed 2.6.28-omap1 & that's wn the ovi widget started doing itself launching game & oftentimes it covers the menu button that i cant access app, instead it opens other ovi stuff. tried the X-terminal yu said, the apt-get purge ovi-promotion-widget but it stil launches itself in a split of a second & cancels itself in the like manner. do yu hv an idea hw this is happening? i've sorted quite a number of N900 issues but this one is proving stubborn. thnx again

@ffha, it's ovi. it vibrates wn it launches though other applications dont do that. sme tymz it launches so fast & disappears in the same same way so yu cant trace its origins. thnx in advance,

Last edited by marlon comfort; 2013-09-25 at 08:19.