View Single Post
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
so, in reading dareaper's uninformed complaints, i see one very useful insight; dareaper distrusts this project.

first, i personally have full faith in the ethics and technical ability of several of the most heavily involved people, simply from their dedication over the last bajillion years.
i also really like the bald transparency of the price vs manufacturing costs, and the up-to-the-minute guesstimates instead of arbitrary numbers to be refined immediately before asking for the dough.

however, i think it might be good to have a prominent place for non-tech folks that specifically discusses things like volunteerism/compensation, costs/price, sales/profits, etc.
preferably with at least one pretty chart with soothing numbers, and phrases like 'labour of love' bandied about.

in general, i get the feeling that there are MANY folks who wont take the time to grok this project in its fullness, but are nevertheless excited about an n900++. grabbing some of those folks and getting them on board might be the difference between success and failure.
Well if you're pointing out that I distrust the project, you've got your perception about my opinion about the pricing completely wrong. I have no distrust, and like I said I'm only uncomfortable about the price. 700 Euro's is way out of purchase range for just a board upgrade as per my opinion and I believe people can voice their opinions. I don't see how this brings the factor of distrust in context. Also the vague perception again that you make out of the blue that one who compares on costs wont have a technological knowledge is again out of the box.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
So you don't read this thread, repeat some unnecessary question again, don't like the obvious answer, then say no contributing words at all, for this community project ?

While the CEO's of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, etc, lie each day about lack of privacy, NSA, etc. And people don't show any criticism against them.

Lessons :
1) be a lyar, billionaire.
2) don't be honest and don't try to contribute in community projects.
I agree I haven't read the whole thread, but then I was just pointing out towards neo900's cost and wanted to know why it was priced high and I got to know the reason for it. Also if you missed reading my previous post, I did mention that I really like how the efforts were being put in the project and that's how I conveyed my contribution by appreciating the efforts.. I really don't mind contributing and like I've mentioned my part of the discussion was only on the cost factor. I contributed by suggesting if the price could be reduced and also wanted to know why it was priced high. Also there's always a point when you can raise the same question on two different sources.

Lessons:
1) Accept what has been contributed.
2) Kindly try to bring out the accurate reason of how honesty has been brought into picture here.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaReaper For This Useful Post: