View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
sorry that I am not able to understand the meaning of your posts just like you seem to have difficulties to understand what dos1's post is all about.

What dos1 quoted been a list of options and costs/prices for GTA04,
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
BTW. This is about current GTA04 prices depending on demand, just to give you all some insight:[editor: when quoting, why the heck don't you quote the most important adjacent info bits as well?]
Quote:
[...]> 10k buyers: 390 EUR (here it would include a new plastic case)
NOT for Neo900. So the "new plastic case" is meant as an alternative for the hard-to-source GTA02 case - the fact that gave me the idea to use a N900 case instead. It's been stated several times in this thread that Neo900 is a complete device incl case, while the GTA04-NeoN variant is the bare board without case and other parts, and that we plan to offer both variants. First post to clearly state this: #1,
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
I.E. the GTA04 exists (350+ working units sold), what we're talking about are slight modification to GTA04 board to make it fit into a
Neo900, with housing and display etc sourced from the commercial N900 spare parts market. (though our primary target is to provide ready-to-run complete devices, we will also offer an option for you to buy the GTA04-NeoNinehundred board only, instead of the complete Neo900 device, to upgrade any N900 you already may have)
So it wll look like a N900, [...]
last post on exactly same issue: one of my last 4 or 5 posts!
I honestly don't know how to make the info any more clear so you don't miss it. :-/
Your 2nd post I don't get at all. You know pretty good that N900 CPU is rated @ 500MHz continuous, 600MHz temporary overdrive. While Neo900 DM3730 is rated @1GHz, so 2* as fast.
And what the heck about thumb2 in this context? Yes, DM3730 also can do thumb2! This sounds OT nevertheless.

I honestly would appreciate when you would bother to read all the thread so you might find the answers to questions you otherwise post here without prior thinking, and which cause redundance and poor S/N and make the thread unattractive to follow for other readers. Thanks!

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-30 at 00:26.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: