View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I voted €300 (due to what I can afford, not that I don't think it's worth more), but under these terms I am happy to raise to €500. 2 years warranty? I wasn't expecting any at all (I'm not sure if EU regulations apply to this case). If I also get a deferred payment option and 10% discount then there is nothing to speculate about.
Same here, getting mighty tempting, I was already at 400EUD IIRC...

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
why not following Jolla's example which by making their SW compatible with the most common (hardware) platform open it to a much wider audience?
in this case porting Cordia to Sailfish OS (& implicitely, gaining access to Android platform @ the same time )
win-win?
o, no, sorry, forgot... meritocracy
only an elite shall have it
And, how do you propose that this should be done?
For starters, the Cordia which you're constantly referring to has been dead for ages now.
Out of all the MeR derivatives, Nemo & Plasma have been far more active...
Also Sailfish code isn't available yet, & it's still not even clear how open it will be -if at all.
If they're still working closely with Myriad for the Android layer, & if it's not based largely on libhybris as some have claimed.*
Then it's probable that some/all of it will be a closed portion of Sailfish...
For Android hw compatibility libhybris is open, but who's to say it can't be leveraged at some future point for Freemantle.
(although I believe binary blobs/fw etc. goes against the whole ideology of this project)
<end off-topic>

*which makes little sense to many

Originally Posted by knuthf View Post
wall-o-text
W.T.F...?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-30 at 04:33.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: