View Single Post
Originally Posted by Ulle View Post
- A search or filter function for events. Given one mistakes date/year in a new event, its hard to find it again (having lots of events)
Not sure about the exact form yet, but yes, sooner or later something of that kind should make its way into Qalendar .

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Looks like the button will fit in the top left corner.
Wouldn't that be only for the week view?

I had a different idea about where to stick the global search: Settings->(select a calendar)->Clean up. The "Clean up" (or whatever it would be called) button would open a window with a list of all entries from the selected calendar to allow searching, editing and deleting (multiple entries at once).

- An option to clone an event (and edit the clone afterwards). Very helpful for events that recur irregularly.
If that's just for recurrences, the proper solution would be to extend the recurrence editor (it still does not expose all the features of the underlying calendar engine).

- Having URLs and phone numbers linked to phone or browser app.
Sure sounds useful, but I don't think it's possible to reliably recognize a phone number. I am not very happy to see the SMS app highlighting every 3-digit-or-more number like it's a phone number, but a quick toggle button in the titlebar menu should solve it. So, yes, I think it's a good idea.

- Notes listed in "newest on top" order. Having mor than five notes it is annoying that one has to scroll for the most recent note. Also, filter/search functionality would be nice.
Qalendar 0.7.1 shows recently edited notes first (the only other changes from 0.7 are updated translations and Vietnamese translation by ppanhh).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post: