Thread: Battery issues
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Ferfer93 View Post
I disabled smartsearch through
Code:
chmod -x /usr/bin/smartsearch
and rebooting. I also disconnected WiFi and battery consuming went done a lot. It's taken like 2-3 hours to drop 3-4% (I didn't write it down but it's that more or less), which gives around 2.5-4 full days of battery. I thought I had closed Wazapp too but it was open, so I guess I can cross that out of the list. It was either the connection or smartsearch. I will try again after another charge cycle to go with WiFi connection and see what happens:

Question: Does it take more battery to keep the phone constantly connected to the internet through 3G or GPRS or WiFi. I heard that generally WiFi is better because as it's usually faster everything will be done faster and less battery will be consumed, but I hardly browse or download anything, I'm asking about the connection itself.

Thanks.

Hey, just FYI, I just got my recently bought N9 turned into my new main phone yesterday and get about 3-4 days worth of standby time according to that Battery thing in Settings.

I also got Wazapp (0.9.22) installed and running, am on wifi and have 3G activated, but mostly I've been on Wifi so far. Also, my facebook feed updates every 3 hours, mails every hour on peek time. Weather updates happen I don't know how often.

However, I did not mess around with smartsearch or anything else. The phone was factory reset before I started using it, so I suppose in general it's turned on. I have, however, not really put a lot of data into the phone's memory except around 400 contacts and one song. So far it seems it didn't affect my battery life as much as it did affect yours.