View Single Post
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
because of a reboot loop caused by the latest system-services package (0.3.8-68-0cssu6) I did not installed this package. So everything is from CSSU 8.2+thumb1 except for system-services which is version 0.3.8-68+0cssu1.
This may be the cause of my issue, and therefore unrelated to FlopSwap new version, but despite several attempt to debug it, I can't find the reason of this reboot loop. So I would understand if you don't want to spend time on this, given my peculiar situation.
I think your reboot loop maybe covered on the CSSU-Testing thread.

I didn't think it was possible to install upstart without system-services. I am amazed upstart is working without it.

From a quick look your upstart version is showing to FlopSwap as use the "new method" which is failing due to the fact system-services hasn't replaced your "rcS-late" or "mount-opts" files and therefore mount-opts is missing parts that FlopSwap's upstart script "relocateswap" need at boot.

If the script fails it falls back to "swapon -a", which in your odd hybrid upstart setup is only "0p3".

FYI upstart/system-services has been updated in CSSU-Devel to 0.3.8-68+0cssu7 which I have been using to test FlopSwap with. Maybe this version will not have boot loop but fix your FlopSwap issue.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: