View Single Post
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by rasmarc View Post
So nothing's lost ;-) I'd like to give you my detailed idea of an implementation for easier later consideration.

It is giving each dish an option like "overflow mode" or "overflow when counted to zero" or "count across negative values" and then give the start button and the time counter yellow colors.
When reaching zero the stop button continues to be displayed because the timer is still running (now in red color).
When the stop button is tipped the amount of overflow is shown in the time counter bar (no reset to zero) and the yellow start button appears.

little problem: the "abort alarm" function of the time counter bar collides with its "pause counting" function when counting across negative values.
-------
Here is how I made an implementation:
Once a dish counter is started, you can long-press on the green/orange timer (short press will still pause the timer). It will show a banner that a stopwatch is activated. Repeating that will deactivate the set stopwatch function.
If the stopwatch function is activated and the timer countdown hits the alarm, the green timer will turn into a yellow stopwatch timer, which then can be paused or stopped.
I think that should serve the basic testing purposes you described earlier.

And a new feature is added : Qt translation support. Dutch is included, other language files could be made using the ".ts" file in /opt/cooktimer/translations/.

Version 0.0.4-9 is just uploaded to extras-devel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: