View Single Post
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Symbian was healthy in 2010?
Let us see... I think you were talking about Nokia mobile division being worthless and all in2010, and my claim was that the mobile division was healthy. Let us not changing the channel.....So let us look at the number, shall we look at the company's official sale numbers, in million of units

yr 2009 yr 2010
Nokia 67.8 100.3
Apple 25.1 47.5

Just for kicks, the sale # for Apple was also shown as well
So, unless Nokia was selling at a lost for ALL their units, then I guess the Nokia evaluation at 2010 could be not too bad. Hey, if they could make $2 profit per sale unit, than it would work out to be $200M profit on the year -- not too bad in terms of actual $.

Now, unless the management at Nokia were really really really bad, it would be very hard for Nokia to sell ZERO number of unit and to make a LOSS in next year. So, from where I sit(plus wearing a rose coloured glasses also helps), In 2010, Nokia mobile were not worthless as you claimed; or it was in such an unhealthy state that a 180 degree turn of business direction was needed.

If Nokia is still worth a few $B dollars now to MS given their current performance(isn't the year to date sale # ending Sept 2013 was below 5M units?), then surely Nokia mobile in 2010 timeframe would have worth a LOT more than ZERO(plus, they already have had a nice set of tech patents and all in 2010 - which should also count for some $$$ if they were in talk for selling the unit at all)

I welcome you to show the numbers/results to counter my view.

May be Mr. Elop is your hero, the nice turn-around-artist in your book; but me think - he did a poor job and tanked the company big time. The really sad things are that lot of families, lives and were damaged by his actions and that was hameful.

Cheers

Last edited by cheve; 2013-11-21 at 21:40.