View Single Post
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Let me tell you what the graph shows. It shows that despite "great" Symbian sales, the most rapid decline in NOKIA stocks occurred under OPK, the king of Symbian. Not only that, but the decline continued to occur despite great symbian numbers that you posted, and that the slope of decline did not change much with Elop, which tells you that Elop did not worsen the decline of the stock, it was freefalling prior to him.
Wow, I love these management excuse - too bad I couldn't try that with my line of work. I wonder what DID Mr. Elop tell the borard before He was named the CEO?. May be he said: (1) well guys, I am only one guy in this sinking vessel, so I don't have hope to turn this things around. I can try but good luck. OR (2). I am going to turn this thing around like no tomorrow -- just watch me. We will be swimming in cash, and be the KINGS of the world.

I think he mostly like said something like (2) and mostly saying something about he will fix it. So if the stock WERE really in freefall and his job were to fix it; then Mr. Elop FAILED - full stop.

By the way, you tried to change the channel again. The point was whether NOBODY wanted these "dump" Symbian phones in 2010 and whether the Nokia mobile was worthless in 2010 as you claimed. May be you have trouble keeping up the timeline...no?

By the way, if NOBODY wanted the Symbian dump phones, how come Nokia had NON-zero sale figures for phones between late 2009 to early 2011. What were they selling? I really want to know how they achieve a market stock in $10-15; since they were selling things that NOBODY wanted.

Cheers,