View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Probably has a bit to do with
(a) FCC cert
(b) investigating anything which might have patent issues
(c) not really caring as much about NA as iniital launch

In any respect, better to meter one's expectations than to jump up and down on a forum. There are enough footprints here from that happening with other releases.
You tend to go for FCC certification once you've made the decision to sell/distribute in the the North American market. Apparently that's not the case yet for for Jolla.

I truly doubt if a phone that can be sold in the EU would have to worry about patent issues in the US/Canada market - I can't think of any phone that's not done that that originated in the EU first, perhaps a couple of Chinese phones quickly come to mind.

But as it stands, it's all speculation and I'm willing to bet you're more right than I on this. I just have to question the somewhat lack of communication to non-EU backers while soliciting worldwide attention. A staged release would have made sense if they didn't make it sound like they were ready to go worldwide as noted per their worldwide solicitation and pre-purchase agendas.

The question does remain; will the enthusiasm remain? This feels too close to the Nokia N9 release. Awesome product from Finland deemed too good to be released in a market where I unfortunately live and no clear communication about when/if it will arrive.

I'm personally not going to jump through the same hoops I had to for the N9 only to be dumped a year later by that other Finnish company.

But that's me. I'm not the average consumer. But I'm still in the dark.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: