Thread: Q & A
View Single Post
Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Got any questions about what and why in the development of the Internet Tablet?

Next Tuesday, Feb. 12, looks like a good chance to get them answered.

Thoughtfix (aka Daniel Gentleman) will be talking with Quim Gil, Nokia's point man in communicating with developers, bloggers and users. (Here's a link to Thoughtfix's Live Show page at ustream.tv.)

Well, you can already see my bias — I've identified Quim's communication role, but Thoughtfix thoughtfully notes his professional position: development platform product manager for Maemo, which inclines one to conclude that as the Maemo product manager he has signficant say in the development of the tablet platform.

And it's in that guise that Quim — his name is pronounced Kim Jill, btw — will be appearing and taking questions. As Thoughtfix notes in his blog,
[S]upport questions [should] be pertinent to his role as the guy in charge of the development platform. [Gil] knows maemo inside and out and we should focus our interaction on that — so questions like "Why can't we charge over USB?" don't belong here.
I know firsthand that Quim's tolerance for IT users' quarrelsome behavior rivals that of any grandparent with a three-year-old, so I don't expect to be scolded if I stray from the assigned parameters. (Well, maybe by Thoughtfix.)

The show will start at 11 p.m. for me on the East Coast, 9 p.m. for Thoughtfix in Arizona and 6 a.m. for Quim in Helsinki (which, come to think of it, may strain his ability to tolerate the benighted), Feb. 12.

-----
Thanks to Thoughtfix for having this talk and for sending us a note about it!
Read the full article.