View Single Post
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This feels too close to the Nokia N9 release. Awesome product from Finland deemed too good to be released in a market where I unfortunately live and no clear communication about when/if it will arrive.
Returning from TMO exile to post that this echoes exactly how I feel.

Jolla: why on earth did you let me get a €40 pre-order option if you had no firm plans to make the device available to me?

I bought my N900 from a slightly shady business in an industrial estate the next town over, and I imported my N9 from Singapore, which is on the other side of the planet.

I was so excited at finally having my primary device not be a grey-market import with no support or warranty. Now I ask Jolla why I heard nothing from them (not even a form email) 24 hours after launch, and they just reply "sorry there is no news for non-EU markets".

That's just awful PR and lousy communication. I'm still going to get a Jolla because I am excited about the technology and the pedigree and because I'm a determined and tech-obsessed individual, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

At least Jolla could suggest that I order via the EU, but all they could offer me was a shrug.

At least Jolla could send me an auto-mail to say "We're sorry, but due to regulatory/pipline/whatever issues, we can't sell the device directly to you at this time, but we're working to figure something out." but I had to chase them down to make them even tell me that that they had nothing to tell me.

...and so we come full circle back to what Gerbick said:

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This feels too close to the Nokia N9 release.
Edit: just noticed my own TMO signature. Hah. A New Hope indeed, but only if you live in the right place.

Edit2: not going to get Jolla hardware any more. Total lack of communication/respect for those of us outside the EU who put money down and got just a T-shirt + probable lack of 3G/LTE support + my N9 still works = no thanks Jolla

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-01-03 at 16:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post: