View Single Post
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
I think gerbick found the zen way, his posts are much less bitter.
I see your point, but I stand by my post. The way I see it, the bare minimum Jolla should have done is communicated to non-EU people: "Hey, sorry, we can't currently sell you a phone."

As it stands, all I have a €40 T-shirt. I've been proudly and regularly wearing it for the last little while and explaining the backstory to people who ask, but how should I feel good about wearing it now? All my tech friends here are asking me when I'll get the device I've been talking up for the last 18 months, and all I can say is: "It's released, but I don't know when or if I'll be able to get one."

EU guys also feel a bit bitter because Finland has priority.
I have limited sympathy for non-Finland EU people, because at least they got an e-mail and have some chance of buying the device [without going through the usual agonising & expensive büllshït of the grey-market import process].

Why not come to visit the land of the free (and regulated carriers) and pick one up?
I live in Canada. I have been to Finland more than once in the past and hope to visit again in the future. I wish I could afford the time/money for a trip to Finland just to buy a Jolla phone, but that's really not on the cards for me right now. I'm sure you have the best intentions, but this isn't really that helpful of a suggestion.

Last edited by shallimus; 2013-12-02 at 17:02.