View Single Post
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
The other half concept is great, but you can't count on it for basic hardware features like if people were going to go out with their phone and 3-4 OH. NFC is basic stuff, and now if I want a good HWKB OH, it needs to include NFC as well, not to mention FM radio. :/ I can't imagine having to drop NFC to have radio (and then not being able to pair my BT headphones easily), or having to drop NFC to have a keyboard. Droping the keyboard for weather sensors would be OK, as well as droping an Angry Birds OH for an extralarge battery OH. But NFC in 2013-2014 is something different, it's like discarding gyroscope from the main half and putting it in an OH.
I have the same thoughts. I'm completely fine with features missing in software, as they can be easily added in the future, but those hardware cuts are are quite dissapointment. I mean, if it's just a case of a bigger antenna. Also, I'm using a FM radio sometimes and I don't understand why it's not present in the phone, although it seems that FM radio is already a part of the used SoC (it's only software/driver issue like in N900 or some hardware part is missing?).
I like the Other Half concept, but not everything can be added by that, surely not everything at once in one "the best" OH. And I don't want to carry bunch of other halves with me for several tasks I might want to do with my phone.
But, I still can't wait for my Jolla to arrive and I'm happy that I've helped Jolla to grow, hoping those issues will sort out in the future, at least with Jolla 2 phone ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamar For This Useful Post: