View Single Post
Hi all,

I am a frequent reader and user of the Nokia N9. I were one of the first who ordered the Jolla phone, and were looking much forward to receive it - until a few days ago.

I am a big supporter of FOSS and only use it at home, and therefore dont like the way Jolla is holding back the informations.

They know the users are interessered in all the small details of the phone, why I dont understand why they havn't specified on jolla.com which GPU and CPU chip they are using. Also I like to hear lossless music, hence I were investigating the use of DAP - without any luck.

Only at the day of the release we were informed that 4G were a part of the hardwere, but not supported in the OS yet (and what about the band they are using?)

At the moment there is no CalDAV or MMS support, and no time frame given.

The UI and Font is still Closed Source - AFAIK.

There is no option to chech which native apps there is available, since the store is not open. I dont want to use Android apps, as i am afraid that no software developers will make their apps for Sailfish if they already have a product for Android.

And here after 2 weeks since I remitted the rest of "my" Jolla, there is still no one who have received it - apart of the 450 in Finland. Based on the T-Shirt deliveries I dont expect the phone before 2014 now.

Therefore I have now made the decision and cancelled the Jolla phone and still use my Nokia N9 or new android phone and keep an eye on the development of the Jolla Phone.

My 5 cents, and nice to get it off my chest.

Have others cancelled their Jolla, and why?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to corkpcp For This Useful Post: