View Single Post
Thoke @ There is only two reasons I can see why they are withholding informations.

1) Partners/Agreements
2) Afraid of lossing customers

We, as fans/supporters, are using the same excuses on behalf of Jolla as the Apple users did for the iPhone 1.

MMS - nobody is using that, all are using mail/facebook now.
4G - Yes, it not active - but it will be.
CPU/GPU - the community can inform people about that by

I were following JollaHQ on Twitter, and people kept asking for FM radio support. Only on the release day Jolla informed by Twitter it were not possible. They knew about that long before the release day.
I told my self that they have never promissed a FM radio in the phone, so it is OK.
Nor have they promissed us eg. MMS.

"Shipments starts 27 november" - maybe from China it does, but not to the end user. My status is still "paid". When they shipped the T-shirts I received mine about a month later.

I were prepared for a beta product, but is disapointed that Jolla cannot be open about the product/software to the audience who are supporting them and are asking for an open dialog.

Given that I have an N9 i truly know the meaning of an PR update But I also clearly remember how long to took to get them and the features received and lost at each PR.

Agree that spec's is not important for Sailfish OS but Jolla is a product for the cummunity people, FOSS supporters, Linux users and the thing all is asking for is an open product. Which Jolla - IMO - dont fulfills.

To my understanding is an Android phone, with a bootloader unlocked and AOSP is more open source than Sailfish/Jolla is at the moment.

I know that I'm being ideological, but it were because of this I pre-ordered in the first place.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to corkpcp For This Useful Post: