View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
# Things that do not work properly so far (got it yesterday evnening and barely used it at work today, so experience not quite extensive):

1. Can't use SSH through USB, works properly through WiFi (easier than on N9, by the way);

2. a problem with importing contacts from a merged .vcf file: some contacts are not imported although the Jolla sees them; working on it with a sailor and already some progress;

3. pictures in Gallery do not show up: I just get the blurred wallpaper from the current ambience, unless I tap to show the Gallery menu, then trigger the pulley menu to edit the picture, then I can see it in the bottom part of the screen (or the right part if I'm in landscape);

4. in presence screen (Events/Status of accounts), multiple accounts cannot be distinguished, but it will apparently be fixed in a next update;

5. setting multiple instant messaging accounts of the same and/or sending message to a contact with multiple account of the same type is really confusing: no mean to know which identity is being used, not which contact's account the message will be sent to; fix is coming in a future update too;

6. not a bug, but why not showing battery level and connectivity status on the lockscreen? Currently you have to start a bottom swipe to see it below the clock, but I don't see the point. Battery level and connectivity status are the most useful information in a smartphone status bar, and even if I like the idea that Sailfish does not need statusbar, here both types of information have no dedicated screen: battery and connectivity status are between the lock screen and the multitask screen, but not permanently shown on any of those. It would fit perfectly below the clock shown on lockscreen (in addition to the flick feature of course).

# Things that I know/hope are going to happen and I'm looking forward to using them:

1. Calendar sync;

2. MMS;

3. search by terms in eMail app;

4. apps and connection switch buttons set as favorites in the Settings application accessible from another - more convenient - place (plus it would allow closing the settings app), like from a swipe right to left on the multitask view (and let's say the left to right swipe is dedicated to ambiences, instead of both directions);

5. a way to show multiple pages of 9 covers, either by a special gesture or a page number that could be clicked or scrolled, perhaps using the gesture for favorite ambiences that would be easy enough to chose from a pulley menu on the lock screen;

6. I see no pulley menu to change ambiences from the lockscreen, thought it was there in the videos;

7. flasher!

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-17 at 23:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: