View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Count another hater of mobile web sites.

Just as we started to mobe beyond the Web 1.0 640x480 website resolution standard on our 24" screens they needed Mobile web sites (for iPhone).

Only exception of a mobile website I do use is Zoho.com -> their mobile web site is really good so I could do without whining for a mobile email client on N900.

(but the availability of their mobile website gave Zoho the excuse to make their desktop website more bloated to the point browsing full XLS files like before on the N900 became too much a pain)

So far on Sailfish the Firefox browser on virtual Android is the only cure against the plague of mobile web sites.
About mobile site: I am not saying shall "replace" what TMO has today but atleast make it better.

Get rid of the left area its just to much info shown in you have to click alot to zoom and so on.

Also try click all those small buttons on TMO like "thanks" or "next" and so on. Now that could be better.

This is NOT to rant at the webadmins and a definitivly not better webdesigner(probadly worse) but continue bury our heads in the sand is just plain wrong. Fact is facts. TMO has never been good for any mobile except maybe N900 with resistive screen and a pen.

Btw. I just wonder how many who actually has tried to POST a message in Jolla phone and edit the trext moving the cursor? It was bad on N9 but even worse now.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-17 at 21:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: