View Single Post
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Thanks for this. I wasn't aware it was a Windows restriction. There's still the 4GB filesize limit but I'll rarely hit that.

I've just tried formatting my 64GB SDXC card in my Mac using Disk Utility (I'm on OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks) and that managed it just fine.

I then created a Music folder on the card, copied over a bunch of mixed mp3/m4a from iTunes and put it back in the Jolla. Still no luck. Rebooted the Jolla - still nothing. Hmm

An 8GB card from my C7 worked fine although that didn't have any music on it but the Jolla indexed all the sound effects from Angry Birds just fine.

I'm giving up on getting the 64GB card working for now - spent too much time fiddling.

Copying stuff in to the main storage over wifi is working fine for me. I'm using Panic's Transmit which mounts the Jolla as a disk using FUSE sshfs so it just appears as a disk on my Mac. sftp also works fine. That's how I did it with my N9 and how I'll probably end up doing it anyway longterm.

Getting lots of stuff onto a card via USB3 initially would have been quicker but wifi and smaller cards is ok for now.
My 64Gb card is formatted ext4, and I need to mount it manually every time I reboot (root, "mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /run/user/100000/media/sdcard").
But that alone isn't enough to see the files in Gallery / Media. I made a bunch of symlinks so that I have /home/nemo/SDcard, /home/nemo/Music/SDmusic, /home/nemo/video/SDvideo etc. This probably isn't the best way of doing this, but it works.
Although after mounting the SD card after reboot, you might need to tell tracker to reindex. There is "tracker-sd-indexing.sh", that seems to enable removable media indexing and restart tracker.

Last edited by DeeGee; 2013-12-18 at 13:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post: