View Single Post
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Estonia
Kiitos @ajalkane for the good work on ProfileMatic, it is definitely a premium app !!

I believe it would be nice to have additional condition - being connected to a specific bluetoot device

Some example use cases (that would be useful for me):
* when i enter my car (which has bluetooth built in), i'd like my N9 to enter ringign profile, set to high volume, launch navigation app and music player, disable screen to go sleep and phone to lock (this is taken care of by the navi app)
* when i exit my car, id like it to close navigation app and music player automatically, re-enable sleep and lock, etc.
* when i'm connected to my work computer, i'd like my phone to be in silent profile and offline for all instant messaging systems
* when i leave my desk for lunch or even for short time (i.e. disconnect from my computer), i'd like it to resume ringing profile and go online

Currently i'm doing this with NFC tags. This works fine, but:
* have to touct the tag
* sometimes i forget and then when i'm away from the tag i have to manually run rules actions or disable rule
* there is this little annoyance described above that have to click "discard" button after touching NFC

k6ps