View Single Post
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
After a couple of weeks of using the Jolla as my main phone, here are some new observations.

In the beginning I thought there were only minor glitches, but this is apparently not the case, at least from my experience. I see some people here have been struggling with WiFi in different flavors. Same here. Depending on the security settings of the hot spot at hand, the WiFi connection breaks randomly, and sometimes even a restart is required to get it to work again. I don't know if I'm the only one (or the first one ), bur I've experienced similar problems with Internet over 3G. From time to time, the phone was ending up in a loop of activating and deactivating data, where only a reboot would help. All this has been happening very often -- multiple times a day, to say the least. I really hope this gets fixed soon, because such basic features should work flawlessly. This should definitely be Jolla's top priority for the next update.

If we put the bugs aside, the phone is what I was hoping it would be. Some people here might disagree, but I dare say Alien Dalvik is one of its coolest features. It's so nice we don't have to trade the awesome UI, proper multitasking and full "linuxness" for the lack of undoubtedly useful, ubiquitous and mature Android apps. I didn't believe they could make it this good from day one, it really kicks a55 and will definitely help Jolla sell this thingy to the masses. Now I'm pretty sure they'll find their niche and survive on the market -- no doubt they deserve it.

P. S. I'm already so used to the Jolla's gestures that I'm constantly trying them out on other touch screens around.
that last part applies to me too after using N9 and now Jolla using buttons feels like something from 10 years ago, it just feels unnatural.

Apart that yes there are some annoyances. I'll be going back to uni on Monday and I know I'll have issues connecting to the eduroam network.

BUT what I do love is the new together platform and I feel like I can contribute and actually work on shaping the OS and that is the sort of freedom that no other phone company can give you.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post: