View Single Post
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
I wouldn't mind some clearer instructions than I've been able to pick up in this thread and the links from it so far.
Sorry that I can't answer all of your questions completely at the moment. I don't have access to my N800.

I used DOSBox running on Windows XP to install Windows 95 (a,b OSR2, & c OSR2.5) and Windows 98 (First Edition) on an image file following the directions given on the following webpage:

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopi...bb8d253a101742

I then copied the img file over to my SD card and setup the dosbox.conf to boot off the image file (directions for booting off an image are in the link above).

The deb installer puts the executable in a directory (/usr/bin ?). To replace it with the updated dosbox, you need to sudo gainroot and overwrite the one in that directory with the one in the gz (mv /media/mmc2/dosbox /usr/bin ?). Then give it execute permission (chmod +x /usr/bin/dosbox).

The dosbox.conf you want to use should be it the directory that your terminal is in, or you can specify the path to a customized one you create to use (dosbox /media/mmc2/dosboxgames.conf). You don't need to be in root mode to run dosbox.

If installed, xkbd launches automatically when dosbox is launched. You can run alternative xkbd layouts with DOSBox by using a pipe (xkbd -k /media/mmc2/mykeyboard.xkbd | dosbox)

DOSBox comes with a basic open source version of DOS, compatible with MS-DOS.

You can leave DOSBox's DOS cleanly by typing "exit" at the DOS prompt. To exit it uncleanly, you can use CTRL-c at the terminal prompt that dosbox was launched from.

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-02-10 at 21:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to OSEmuTech For This Useful Post: