View Single Post
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Ok, here's little bit of history of Tweetian: When I start develop Tweetian, I just do it for fun and practicing. I never expect that Tweetian will get so many users. That's why I release it as free (and open source after that), because it is a spare time project and I never plan to monetize and maintain it.

My programming skill (especially C++) is extremely low when I start develop Tweetian (I'm just a student who knew a little bit of Java). So at that stage the code is very poorly written (and hard to maintain).

Slowly when I developed Tweetian my knowledge and skill is improved, until a stage where I realise the code for Tweetian to too poor written and very hard to maintain. So I stopped developed new feature for it and only give a passive support (for API changes).

Why don't I do a rewrite then? Because it is too hard. I takes ~3 months to release a pre-release version and maybe half year for to get it submitted to Nokia Store.

I really happy that there are so many Tweetian users (mainly because it is free?). However, I'm still a student. I develop Tweetian just for interest and never for money. The "responsibility" for me to continue maintain it is too heavy because it has so many users, while I get very less incentive in return.

TL;DR I developed apps just for fun and interest. I never expect to have such heavy responsibility to maintain it after I no longer interested in it (because it is getting hard to maintain). You can say I'm irresponsibility, but remember that I didn't earn any money for all the apps I developed.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post: