View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by SHARP66 View Post
in the layers window if you merge a cel to a layer or delete a cel you can not edit anymore the animation window.
you can not draw a background. for your animation because the layer wont be saved.
You can have background for your animation only if you first draw the background and than duplicate in all frames and than draw the moving things.
For clarity: I use the first version of the animation files posted in this thread. And it's probably all open doors, but for clarities sake I'll write anyway.

I did notice some oddities that, with a bit of planning could be worked around.

For now, I use one background per file / animation sequence. (so, one .ora file has one sequence only)

The regular MyPaint layer is used as background / scenery and stays editable.

The first of the animation cells is static. What I draw in there stays. But after that, I sequence my moving objects one by one and that does seem to work.

Oddities: After deleting a cell some cells are no longer editable. Work around: Don't delete frames and simply use the 24 given when you first start a file. If you add frames and your last cell is filled with an image, that last frame will move postition to become once again the last frame. So, I only add a frame after an empty one.

Naturally I'd like to be able to use more than one background per sequence, so I don't need to start a new file.

Also: How do I export this animation?

Save as well as export don't allow mpg/mpeg.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post: