View Single Post
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
FYI: as hypnotoad123 noted,
Originally Posted by hypnotoad123 View Post
The original gui is already available (with icon), but it does not open since, i guess, it just creates a tray icon which is not visible.
the simple-oc install pulls in mirall (aka owncloud) and that is the same as is installed on a desktop.

If one installs "hildon-systray" the tray icon of owncloud will display, and indeed, if using one, have left and right mouse click functionality and sub-screens.

I cannot get keyboard input to work, so as to complete the setup. However, if you copy and modify the configs from a 'nix desktop intance, owncloud will sit in the systray and sync away as files land in the specified folder.

Word of warning: it is cpu and memory intensive and will trigger your network connection dialog incessantly.

So, IMO hypnotoad123 is correct that the simple-oc way is best.

It is however nice to have the constant sync function available should one be on a usb-hub with keyboard and mouse and doing the desktop like things that some (eg estel) like doing.

So my question is, could simple-oc and owncloud share configs, so that both modes are available?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post: