View Single Post
Lately, I'm getting strange error in terminal, after running anything in dosbox:

Code:
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
ALSA:Can't open sequencer
MIDI:Opened device:none
Obviously, any midi-based sounds (for example, running sound for Prince of Persia 2) doesn't work. Other forms of sound are working.

I tried every possible combination of MIDI options in dosbox itself, as well as installing Pali's timidity++ daemon, to no avail. Also, I could swear, that this wasn't the problem before and everything was "just working", even without timidity. Any hints?

On the other note, for a long time I'm searching for a way to map >< keys (greater, lesser) to something in dosbox, to no avail. I have those things mapped to hardware keyboard for whole Maemo (just like keys F1-F12), but it doesn't work in dosbox (while more exotic things - like mentioned F1-F12 - are working flawlessly, without even using dosbox's mapper). mapper in dosbox allows to map only 'lesser'. Those keys are crucial for some games, like "Silent Service 2", and it makes me a sad panda to have not a way of binding them. Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!