View Single Post
I have been using N9 as my daily phone, and haven't touched the N900 for quite some time now--I did use a 64GB card as a media library on my last trip abroad.

Not long ago I took advantage of the $100 off promotion and bought a Moto X Developer Edition for $349 plus tax, as a potential replacement for the N9 (mainly due to lack of apps). I really like the active display and touchless control (and the tons of Android apps). But for some reason I just don't feel like selling the N9.

So I did some soul-searching, and came to the conclusion that the number of apps that I really need on a daily/regular basis is actually quite small: phone, email (close to 10 accounts), calendar, weather, Opera/Firefox (most of my reading is done on a browser), Youtube, video player, offline maps & navigation, offline dictionaries, etc. N9 does all these tasks pretty well. I do watch videos and live TV shows (Xfinity), but for those I use an iPad and a Samsung 10" tablet at home. Do I really need dozens of apps on my cell phone?

Bottom line: If I can keep both N9 and Moto X, I would. Or I may end up selling the Moto X and keep the N9.