View Single Post
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
there will be no gap, there will be a spacer frame of some kind, basically extending the lower plastic shell a bit. (sorry for the extremely poor quality of my photoshopped fake which I attached)
Thanks for your explanation. I can't imagine how will this frame will be attached to the rest. But, how about 3d scanning the plastic part of the case, then making it 0.5 mm deeper and printing it? Its possible this was already suggested in the 177 pages, in that case, sorry!

Maybe we can make a quick FAQ with the most common questions/suggestions and put it in the official website, to avoid people asking the same things over and over.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
The thread is 177 pages despite the "inconvenient interface"
The problem is not the length of the discussion, just the slowness/inconvenience of the interface.
My idea of a newsgroup with web interface comes from the CUPS forums. It used to have both things. Long threads are easy and quick to read by using a newsgroup reader. I use the excellent knode, but Thunderbird can also do it.

A newsgroup reader can download everything, and make it fast to search, read, etc. It also shows the threads, and you can mark things as read/unread, just like Email. Its perfect for forums like these, with so many threads, and even long ones.

I don't know if CUPS was using a custom development or something already available. I hope Maemo can use the same thing, it would be a huge improvement!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lameventanas For This Useful Post: